Sunday, January 22, 2012

2 Free Incredible Interactive Whiteboard Apps

I have recently discovered two incredible interactive whiteboard apps. It is quite revolutionary what you can do with these apps. You can record your own voice and add images from your camera roll or even dropbox. Then, you can send the lesson via email or share it on twitter or facebook page. I recorded a lesson and I showed it to my students from my iPad (private, one-to-one lessons, elementary level) and I could not believe the engagement to the lesson. They were even remembering the guidelines and explanations that I was talking about in the recorded lesson more than the live one. What is more, while I was recording I had made some questions and paused for a while to allow some time for answering. I did not expected that they would answer but they were indeed not letting a word drop down. It was incredible and I did not expected so much motivation. It really gave a boost to my sessions.

Here are these two apps:

The first one is Educreations. Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula,  create an animated lesson, add commentary to your photos, diagram a sports play.

With voice recording, realistic digital ink, photo imports, and simple sharing through email, Facebook or Twitter, now you can broadcast your ideas from anywhere. You can have as many pages you want. You don't have to erase everything and start over but just to go on the next page.








or scan this code to get the link: 



The second app is ShowMeShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s a radically intuitive app that anyone will find extremely easy to use, regardless of age or background.




Here is the link to app store:


or scan this code to get the link: 




2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I'm just wondering if you've tried Jot! as a whiteboard app. I have it in my iPad and it works perfectly fine. It has a live sharing feature in which you can do collaborative work with other iPad users. Me and my students use it in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For interactive whiteboard apps, AniMoby is a good option too. It has a huge library of clipart that I use to help create my class lessons. I am down here in Brazil teaching english - many teachers are using this app down here. Should be on the list.

    ReplyDelete